Assignment 2: Sociocultural Impact on Development
Now that you know that there are many different areas of impact within the realms of the community, culture, and the media, explore your own experience and reaction to these influences. It is very common for our own experiences as a child to significantly impact our interactions with children if we are not first aware of our experiences, beliefs, and reactions.
Reflect upon the community, culture, and media to which you were exposed as a child or an adolescent and then address the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Which specific aspect do you think had the biggest impact on your own development?
- What did you learn from your cultural group and your community about who you are as an individual and where you fit in the world?
- Consider your biggest impact area and do the following:
- Explain how this area aligns with the research by incorporating information from at least two academic sources to support your statements and ideas. Academic sources could include your textbook, required readings for this module, or academic journal articles found in the Argosy University online library.
- Who are the major proponents (theorists past or current) of your chosen impact and how did they reach these conclusions?
- Ask two adults what had the most impact on them. Compare this data from their responses with your own experience and your research about prominent impacts.
Write a 2–3-page paper in Word format. Be sure to include separate title and reference pages. Apply APA standards to citation of sources, including use of in-text citations and full references. Academic sources could include your textbook, required readings for this module, or academic journal articles found in the Argosy University online library.
Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M4_A2.doc. For example, if your name is John Smith, your document will be named SmithJ_M4_A2.doc.
By Week 4, Day 7, deliver your assignment to the M4: Assignment 2 Dropbox.