Unit 7 assignment instructions
Your Research in Psychology
Note: You will be required to submit this assignment to Turnitin before submitting it to your instructor for a grade. It is also recommended that you have your assignment reviewed by Smarthinking. Plan 24–48 hours to get results from these services, and additional time to make revisions before you submit the assignment to your instructor for a grade.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Use the Your Research in Psychology Template to format your paper.
Reminder: Links to the required template and an optional worksheet can be found in the resources of this assignment.
As stated in the project description, research is at the core of psychology practice whether you conduct it yourself or apply evidence-based strategies and techniques in your professional practice. After developing your vision and creating meaningful goals in Units 1–3, you created a research question related to your goals and searched the literature for answers in Unit 4. In Unit 5, you practiced using critical thinking frameworks to evaluate the relevance and quality of research and in Unit 6 you integrated the literature to prepare for a cohesive review.
This assignment provides an opportunity to receive feedback to help you further refine your research interests, reflect on the role of scholarship in your career vision, and practice evaluating and synthesizing evidence to apply in your profession.
Your writing in this assignment should not just be a collection of notes, lists, or questions and answers. Instead, it should be a well-organized discussion that flows logically from one idea to the next.
Complete the following in your assignment template:
State your research question and explain why it is important. “How are mentally ill guilty cases processed?”
Evaluation of Sources
Use your notes from the preparation study in Unit 5 to write up a critical evaluation of at least three peer-reviewed scholarly articles based on:
1. Blunt, L. W., & Stock, H. (1985). Guilty but mentally ill: An alternative verdict. Behavioral Sciences and the Law, 8, 49-67.
2. Melville, J. D., & Naimark, D. (2002). Punishing the insane: The verdict of guilty but mentally ill. Journal of the American Academy of Psychiatry and Law, 30, 553-555.
3. People v. McQuillan, 392 Mich. 511, 221 N.W.2d 569 (1974).
· Credibility and authority.
· Bias and point of view.
Synthesis of Literature Into a Cohesive Review
In the preparation study in Unit 6, you should have identified at least three key themes, or focuses of inquiry, that are relevant to your research question and present in each article. These themes may be based on:
· Related aspects of research questions.
· Related or differing conclusions.
· Other factors or ideas the studies have in common.
· Other points of contrast between the studies.
Use concise formulations of these themes as headings for the next sections of the paper. In these sections, compare and contrast your resources’ positions relative to each theme, and then synthesize your own position relative to the theme. Support your conclusions by citing your references. However, if you find that more research would be needed to decide a question, briefly outline ideas of how that could be undertaken.
Granello’s 2001 article, “Promoting Cognitive Complexity in Graduate Written Work,” provides a framework and strategies to help you work through this part of your assignment.
Application and Research Vision
Once you identify your themes and analyze the literature, you are ready to apply the techniques, strategies, best practices, and other findings to your professional practice.
· Discuss how you would apply these findings to your future professional practice in psychology. Clinical Forensic Psychologist
· Analyze how these findings could help you accomplish the functions, responsibilities, and ethics required of a psychology professional. You are encouraged to cite information from your interview with a psychology professional here; however, remember to critically evaluate the information you use.
. What techniques, strategies, and best practices are indicated by your research?
. What enhanced outcomes can be expected when they are applied?
The final step in this assignment is to describe how your research fits into your future vision and goals for your career. “Serve as an expert witness in mentally ill guilty cases and recommend the best solution to protect the client and public from further harm.”
· Revise the vision statement you completed in Unit 3 to integrate research and scholarship in your specialized field of psychology. Unit 3 paper abstract bellow
My vision as a Psychology practitioner is to become a duly certified psychological researcher as my major career and a witness in forensic cases in the court systems. My research studies will be evidence-based researches on psychological problems, the contributing factors, their possible outcomes, and possible remedies. As a witness in forensic cases, I would use these evidence-based findings to legitimize the psychological condition of the patient at the event they’ve committed criminal acts and if they are competent for a court trial. This vision is credited to my interest in psychological counseling, clinical research studies, and witness in forensic cases. I realized the need for relieving or even eliminating problems associated with mental illness after healing from trauma through counseling services. My long-term goals are completion of my psychology degree within seven years, masters in psychology research studies in two years, study and completion of forensic cases training as a part-time scholar while degree studies are in progress, formulate evidence-based guidelines for handling cases involving mentally ill patients within five to ten years of my career for approval by the state government, and finally to achieve and sustain a population with minimal or no mental problems at all within a span on not more than twenty years. Practitioner-Scholar and McClintock’s models are my main models explaining the role of practitioner-scholar.
Your assignment should also meet the following requirements:
· Template: Use the Your Research in Psychology Template to format your assignment.
· Length: 5–7 typed and double-spaced content pages in Times New Roman 12-point font. The title page, abstract, and reference list are not included in this length.
· References: Include a minimum of three references. Your references may include both scholarly literature and practitioner sources. All references need to be cited in-text, according to current APA standards. Remember that citations are to support your thoughts, not take the place of them!
· Written communication: Must be clear, with correct spelling, grammar, and syntax and with good organization.
· Writing style: APA expectations for scholarly writing include the use of third-person narrative, unless it is awkward to do so. However, because you are talking about yourself in this paper, you may write in the first person.
· APA formatting: Must be formatted according to APA style and formatting and include a title page, abstract, and reference list. Note that these three elements are not counted toward the length of your assignment.