Assignment 2: Global Warming: Cause and Mitigation
Due Week 9 and worth 160 points
Among the most controversial topics in physical science, global warming has received a great deal of attention during the past decade. Given its great impact on both humans and the environment, lawmakers and scientists must heavily weigh the information that they are presented. Explore this debate in more detail by evaluating both the scientific basis of this phenomenon and the human role in global warming.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Compare and contrast natural versus anthropogenic climate changes. Include at least two (2) specific examples of each.
- Take a position as to whether or not global warming is taking place. Provide three (3) lines of evidence to support your position.
- Assess two (2) current mitigation strategies for global warming, such as carbon sequestration, carbon taxing, clean coal technology, higher fuel efficiency standards, and so on. Analyze the effectiveness of this mitigation strategy, as well as its potential costs and policy implications.
- Speculate on the policy changes that you would propose to help stabilize global climate and determine the business sectors or nations that would be held to more strict standards if you were to implement your proposed policies.
- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note:Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.