According to The Institute for Health Care Improvement (2006), “Continuing Education (CE) is a vehicle for spreading best practices and how to improve patient outcomes.” In short, continuing education assists with keeping health care teams well-informed of current research, laws, regulations, and practices in the fields in which they practice.
Massoud M. R., Nielsen, G. A., Nolan K., Schall, M. W., Sevin. C. (2006). A Framework for Spread: From Local Improvements to System-Wide Change. Retrieved from http://www.ihi.org/resources/Pages/IHIWhitePapers/AFrameworkforSpreadWhitePaper.aspx
Review the following literature:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Belliolio, M. F. & Stead, L. G. (2009). Continuing Education Meetings and Workshops: Effects on Professional Practice and Health Care Outcomes. Annals of Emergency Medicine. 53(5). 685-687.
Filipe, H. P., Sliva, E. D., Stulting, A. A., Golnik, K. C. (2014). Continuing Professional Development: Best Practices. Middle East African Journal of Ophthalmology. 21(2), 134-141. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4005177/
Based on your research of professional literature and the literature above, in a 3 page scholarly evaluation essay:
- Identify and describe the positive implications of Medical Research and Education.
- Explain the importance of continued education for health care professionals.
- Explain benefits of organizational/departmental training and staff development.
- Identify two current issues/problems in health care organizations and explain from a health care administer perspective how they could have been avoided with proper education.
For assistance on writing an evaluation essay, please review the following source: http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~pbawa/421/Evaluation%20Essay%20sample.htm
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your position and answers to the questions.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 3 pages.
- Include an introduction and conclusion in your paper.
- Support your case with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 4 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.