Today’s healthcare organizations are challenged with multiple projects occurring simultaneously. Electronic health record implementation is a long-term commitment of financial, physical, and human resources. One aspect of this implementation project is workflow analysis: the transition from paper-based documentation to using technology for all aspects of managing patient information poses a significant change and often challenges to how busy clinicians work. A third component of a large-scale technology project could be the implementation of a patient portal.
In a 3- to 5-page essay, respond to the following:
- Explain the differences between electronic health record implementation, adoption, and optimization.
- Explain the concept of an electronic health record migration path.
- Discuss how the electronic health record is not a single application or computer device, but a complex set of software and hardware.
- Define workflow analysis and explain the steps necessary when attempting to complete a workflow redesign within a departmental area (you may choose any department within a healthcare organization).
- Describe the benefits a patient portal will bring to patients in a healthcare organization. Describe why patient portals are becoming more popular and how health informatics professionals can help in their management.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now