Fair and adequate compensation is critical for attracting the most qualified employees and retaining and motivating staff. When determining compensation, consideration should be given to fair and equitable compensation among all workers in the same company (internal equity) and fair and equitable compensation relative to the external market (external equity).
Consider the following scenario:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
You have two medical assistants (MAs) who earn $15 per hour at your medical practice. When you hire a new MA, you discover that the current market pays $16 per hour for medical assistants.
Respond to the following discussion points in relation to equity conflicts and compensation:
- State what you would offer the new MA and provide your reasons.
- Discuss the implications of your decisions on internal and external equity.
- Evaluate the changes, if any, you would make in the compensation of your current MAs.
- Recommend strategies for resolving similar equity conflicts with compensation.
Performance evaluations can be stressful for both employers and employees. Nevertheless, performance appraisals have a number of benefits for both employers and staff.
Respond to the following questions in relation to performance evaluation:
- In what ways do performance evaluations benefit employers?
- In what ways do performance evaluations benefit employees?
HR departments play an essential role in developing an agency’s staffing strategy and handling employee-centered activities of an organization. The presence of an HR department, however, does not absolve individual managers within the agency of human resources responsibilities.
Respond to the following questions in relation to HR issues:
- What role, if any, do managers have in addressing HR issues or concerns?
- How does this differ from the role of the HR department staff?