Discuss a woman plagued by the news of a potentially aneuploid fetus and the challenge of having to make decisions regarding
The Final Paper of Genetics and Crisis Intervention
Genetics and Crisis Intervention
Due to the advances in DNA technology and major developments in nursing practice in clinical genetics, including the creation of new roles for nurses who care for people with genetic conditions. Application of genetic information and testing is moving genetics into the mainstream of health care. Therefore, it is expected that nurses in all areas of practice should become involved in the provision of information about genetic testing and assisting individuals and families in decision making and adjustment to new genetic information (Jenkins & Calzone, 2007).
Jenkins, J., & Calzone, K. (2007). Establishing the essential nursing competencies for genetics and genomics. Journal Of Nursing Scholarship, 39(1), 10-16. doi:10.1111/j.15475069.2007.00137.x
For the final paper, you are to write a minimum of 4 pages (not including abstract, title page or reference page). Use APA 6th edition style and formatting for resources and citations according to your APA 6th edition manual. Include a minimum of five (5) references. Two (2) of them must be nursing, peer-reviewed scholarly articles within the last 5 years.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
• Discuss a woman plagued by the news of a potentially aneuploid fetus and the challenge of having to make decisions regarding 1. amniocentesis and 2. self and fetal testing for Huntington’s Disease (HD)
• Include your literature review to determine the time frame for decision making (dictated by the pregnancy), lack of social support, limited financial resources, and potentially compromised cognitive functioning (a result of early HD symptoms).
• Describe the need for expanding the nurses scope of practice to incorporate a genetic focus into health assessment, patient education, and patient support as they assimilate new genetic information
• Analyze the crisis response and the role of the nurse.
• Discuss why it is important to identify the individuals’ barriers and strengths.
• What new insight about genetics and role of the nurse in crisis intervention did you discover?
• See week 4 Content for additional resources and videos
A substantive INTRODUCTION and CONCLUSION are required. Submit your paper to the appropriate area within the course. Your paper will be automatically submitted through the SafeAssign program. SafeAssign is a 3rd party plagiarism detection site. Your paper should be no more than 15% overall similarity match and no more than 2 % in any given area. Review your SA report to see where your similarities lie for future writing.
To ensure that you get the most benefit from your BSN education and meet learning/program outcomes, the final project in this course is NOT optional. All students must complete the final project in order to pass the course. Failure to submit the final project will result in an F in the course regardless of the numeric grade without the final project.
Criteria Allowed Points Points earned Comments
Title Page using APA 5
Introduction to paper/topic
Discussed the case
Introduced the key points of the paper 10
Covers information completely. Good sequencing of material with clear and concise content using APA level one headings
Demonstrates synthesis, analysis, and evaluation of topic. Constantly makes reference to assigned readings and outside sources within the document and in proper APA sixth edition format.
60 points Total 60
Time for Decisions
The post Discuss a woman plagued by the news of a potentially aneuploid fetus and the challenge of having to make decisions regarding The Final Paper of Genetics and Crisis Intervention appeared first on My Nursing Paper.