APA format MSN 2 pages 3 peer review references 2 from walden university library
The Discussion is Cirrhosis of the Liver
Cirrhosis of the liver is a common disorder that can severely impact patients’ lives. It is important to consider the many potential causes of cirrhosis and monitor patients that are likely candidates for the disorder. This allows the opportunity for prevention or, in some cases, early intervention. Patient education on prevention is critical because cirrhosis can lead to other serious disorders, including liver cancer. In this Discussion, you further explore causes of cirrhosis and the impact of the disorder on patients.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Review this week’s media presentations on the gastrointestinal system, as well as the Starr article in the Learning Resources.
- Consider the pathophysiology of cirrhosis of the liver.
- Reflect on potential causes of cirrhosis and select one to be the focus of your Discussion. Consider additional health issues resulting from your selected cause.
- Think about drugs that might be used to slow down the progression of cirrhosis, including treatments for these health issues.
- Consider patient education methods for the prevention of cirrhosis.
By Day 3
Post an explanation of the pathophysiology of cirrhosis of the liver. Include an explanation of two additional health issues resulting from one cause of cirrhosis. Then, describe drugs that might be used to slow down the progression of cirrhosis, including treatments for these health issues. Finally, explain methods to educate patients on the prevention of cirrhosis.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days who selected different causes of cirrhosis than you. Suggest additional health issues that may result from the causes that your colleagues identified or alternative drug treatments.